Friday, 6 August 2010

Aria Twins and a Pair of Blazers. . . . . .

Just to keep the ball rolling, I thought I'd finish off the week with these.






These Ibanez Blazers are the early ones, with a glorious pick-up,
also used by Greco.
There is nothing fancy about these basses but they deliver a real
powerful punch, over all the strings
Light, simple, a joy to play and in my opinion would be an asset to
any player who wanted the bass equivalent of a Model T.
Bright enough to cut through, back the tone off to get a BIG DEEP THUD!
Just great. The natural one was first and then the dark one, which I have
only just recently given a good going over, as it was in a bit of a state
when I first got it. The eagle eyed will notice that the intonation is a bit off
the mark, this was before I set it up.

As I have probably mentioned before, I have all sorts of gear to match
against each
other in real time.
If you pick up a great bass, or guitar, you very rarely get the opportunity
to put it up against your current favourite.
I often row up tests, same amp, volume, EQ and plug them in to see
the difference, one after the other.
I do the same when choosing what to gig next, to make any adjustments
and note them, ready for live work.



I bought my first Aria Pro II Laser heritage, the one on the right (different strings)
and on back to back tests I was very impressed, just something about it.
Did a bit of searching on t'internet and found there were a lot of good things
said about them.
Here's something typical:

"This bass is a hoot to play. Sounds and feels like a million bucks and pretty
light too.And of course, nothing beats Matsumoku's craftsmanship".

"If you see one for sale why not pick it up and have a play,
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised".

So, when another came up, I snapped it up - again, just like the Blazers, simple
straightforward but delivers what most people would want from a bass.

Used one on my last outing, just the job!

Gig tomorrow, already chosen my weapons of choice for this one -
A brace of T-40's!!

Cheers. :)

No comments: