Saturday 9 March 2019

Attilla Balogh Odyssey Bass. . . .

Almost full circle! Ten years later, I am still writing about this bass. I was a regular contributor on Basschat, for many years and then a change of software meant the format had changed and I was no longer familiar with it, so I became a stranger to Basschat, with the odd post, now and then. Talk about the Atilla Balogh Odyssey Bass, brought be back to the fold. : )

This is the bass. . . .





This is a link to Basschat:Basschat and this is a link to the thread Basschat Odyssey Bass 
Maybe you have knowledge, experience or have one of Atilla's instruments?
Why not join up to Basschat and share what you can?

Cheers. : )

4 comments:

Paul said...

I did many setups on Odyssey basses, and fixed some, in the last 30 years or more. If I remember, they were made in Vancouver, BC, Canada, in the 80's. The most I've seen had Bartolini humbuckers, the size of guitar pickups, with brass mounting rings. I only saw one with DiMarzios.

Cheers!

Paul Gagné
PGG-Paul Gagné Guitars
Québec City, QC, Canada

Flat Eric said...

Hi. Thank you for that. The DiMarzio era was from the 70s and I now know of a few that are out there but there aren't many.

Oilerfan said...

Hi Flat Eric. I have a virtual carbon copy of your Attila Balogh. I bought it in winter of 1981 or spring of 1982. I tried out a ton of other basses and just couldn't get the right feel until the Balogh and knew instantly I had found my guitar. I played in a band in the 80's otherwise I've kept it in my home and played just for myself. The guitar is in excellent condition. I'm just wondering what it would be worth on the market?

Flat Eric said...

Hi Oilerfan. They are becoming more sought after, best thing to do is search for one and see what they are "selling " for. Peolpe put all sorts of prices on things but it is what it sells at. Cheers. : )