Thursday 30 December 2010

A few questions to answer. . . . .

Hi to all out there. :)

I had intended to carry on to the next stage about Peter,
his work on John's other basses and the work he did for
Pete Townshend but I have had quite a few questions asked
of me and if I am able to, I would like to answer them at the
same time.
As it is the festive season, I don't intend to contact Peter
until the new year, as I am aiming to compile them into several
specific questions that could be answered easily, without any
lengthy dialogue.

Several visitors have asked if I have come to the end of the
Collection.
No. Not by quite a long way, there is a lot more to come.
I have only moved into this section about Peter Cook and his
work, as I find it very interesting, myself and as I have been
lucky enough to speak to him, I wanted to detail it as soon as I could.
I would think that there are only three more parts to the story,
including the next one, so it is not extensive.
So, please sit tight, bear with me and I'll come back to you
in the new year.

If anyone has a Peter Cook instrument, knows of one, has images of one,
please drop me a line - I would love to hear from you, on the usual address
detailed below.

contactflateric@gmail.com

In the meantime, I would like to thank all of my visitors, from all over the
World, for dropping in and having a read.
For those who have contacted me personally, with their related stories,
thank you for taking the time and trouble - always nice to hear from you
and your tales or opinions on an instrument. Ta!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year for 2011. :)

Cheers. :)

1 comment:

russ milenbach said...

Hi Eric.....got a nice note about my new Ned Callan Firebird from Peter....he said that they produced a few for CMI(Gibson Norlin offshoot I believe)but had some neck issues,Apparently they then used some Ned Callan necks but only sold a small amount.Mine has changed pickups and a modified headstock....love to see an original but this is the only one I have ever seen.....also,I love the pickups whatever they are....someone said they resemble some used on Grimshaws.I have 7 Neds now and my favirite are the Hombre's.