Wednesday 11 September 2019

Flat Eric, Bass and Guitar. . . .

Hi to all out there. . . . yes I am still here! : )



This is post number 249 and on October the 6th, my little contribution to the world of Basses and Guitars, will be ten years old!
Yes, Ten Years Old!!
In the early days, I was putting out over fifty posts a year, with a pile of information, some of it useful!! : )

There were off the shelf instruments, customs, specials - all sorts and on top of that I did features about Peavey, the T Series, T-40 and T-60 as well as a large feature on Peter Cook, the guitar builder and member of the band, July - all was buzzin'!
I also did an extended piece about Reeve Guitars, which attracted a lot of interest, as did the magazine feature I did, with Lars Mullen.

Then, things changed and I couldn't find enough time to dedicate to this blog on a regular basis - that's life. I now feel that I can get back into it and as it is the 10th anniversary and the next post will be number 250, I think I will climb aboard again and kick start this blog back into life.
I may start a parallel blog, sort of a 2019 remix - not sure yet but what I can say is, if you were with me from the beginning - Thank You and I hope to keep you interested.

Cheers. : )

PS. If anyone of you wants to drop me a line - perhaps detailing their favourite post or just to say Hi - Now is the time. Ping something on the comments and I'll respond. : )

11 comments:

Erik said...

Greetings from Brazil!

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog my friend, i play the bass and i love discovering interesting basses on here, i absolutely love your post on the peavey t-40 (terrific bass), congrats and greetings from Argentina.

Anonymous said...

awesome blog my friend, i play the bass and i love discovering interesting basses on here, i absolutely love your post on the peavey t-40 (terrific bass), congrats and greetings from Argentina

Flat Eric said...

Felipe, Hi. Really great to hear from you. As I have said, hoping to get the ball rolling again, so keep on dropping in. Cheers. : )

John said...

OMG....came across your blog while looking for info on peter cook/ned callum guitars....am a terrible computer luddite so guess this is the best way to make contact, never visited a blog before. I own a ned callun sg active !! played a peter cook twin neck firebird Bass/guitar and visited the shop [was it near jim marshals store?] anyway realise time is at a premium for you but would be happy to chat further when you have the time. feel free to e-mail when you can. John

Flat Eric said...

John, Hi. Great to hear from you.Would like to make contact with you. I am putting another post up soon, there will be a link to "previous posts", scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Contact me here. Look forward to hearing from you. : )

Robert T said...

I stumbled on your blog through the Google Image Search while browsing old Peavey Foundations. Do you still have the gold one you wrote about? Haven't seen too many of those in that color.

Flat Eric said...

Robert, Hi. Great to hear from you. : )
Yes, I still have the Gold one, a White one and a fretless Sunburst - all of them, really great basses. Love 'em. Cheers. : )

russ milenbach said...

Hi....loved the Peter Cook articles....we have talked about Neds beforeand I have an update....just boughta firebird badged Ned Callan with a to date unseen badge,could it just be a Japanese Shaftesbury or a Peter Cook guitar......hmmmmm.Have never seen a Ned Callan Firebird.You can check it out on ebay Uk's completed auctions 12/1/20....any info would love to hear...sent Peter a FB but no response.......cheers.Milobender@cs.com.

Flat Eric said...

Hi. Your name rings a bell, I will email you. Cheers. : )

russ milenbach said...

Hi Eric.....have spoken to you on Ned Callan's in the past(I'm in the states)and wanted to let you know I posted some pictures on the Early British Electric Guitars FB page...one of 3 guitars and another of my newest find....a Firebird copy,never seen another until tonight on your blog of Peter playing one.He was nice to write me recently that they made a few for CSI...mine is badged Ned Callan and apparently has a modified headstock,changed pickups which I think may be Grimshaws(which I love anyway)and I think the badge is a recreation....maybe by Eddie Cross.Peter mentioned they had some neck problems and used some Ned necks on them but wasn't real clear on if any were really matked Ned Callan.Regardless I love it and please let me know what you think.Hope you are well.....cheers,Russ Milenbach