Friday 1 November 2013

Rickenbacker - Not quite. . . . . .

For those of you who read the blog on a fairly regular basis, you may have
seen "Mr Lee" featured and a Rickenbacker "Tribute", made by Greco.
Well. Mr Lee had a recent outing but guess who forgot the camera.
















Yep, me! This is a very dodgy phone pic, which I have tried to brighten up
but is still a long way from "David Bailey"
Sorry, Mr Lee!

Anyway, I thought whilst I was on the subject, I show another one that hasn't
been done yet but I will get around to.


 




















This image was taken 2 or 3 years ago and I have never managed to organise
some more pics of this one.
There seems to be a bit of an issue with Rickenbacker, over the various "Tributes"
that are out there - which are still in great numbers.

I can sort of see why they would be upset at current manufacture, of which there
are several out there but some of the "Ric copies" as we all refer to them, were 
made almost 40 years ago and they're not just going to disappear.

Some, I have played over the years - play, feel and sound as good/better than the 
originals but because of recent events, many of these "Tributes" have sort of gone
underground.

So, if you have a Ric Copy and you love it - whip it out and show that you are 
proud of your instrument.
The most prominent brands were Ibanez, Hondo, Aria, Greco, El maya, Kasuga
and probably several more I may have missed out.

If you know of any others, drop me a line in "comments" and I will edit the post.

And finally, here is another one, that I used to have but now lives in Prague.


















This one is a "bolt neck" - the other Aria I've shown, is a neck thru.

For more on this one, go here: Aria Rickenfaker

Back next time with something different.

Cheers. :) 

No comments: