Thursday 7 April 2011

Aria SB 505 and . . . . a little bit of a Jaydee. . . . . .

Now, don't go into shock but. . . . . I have one 5 String Bass,
just the one and no more.
Those who know me a little better are probably thinking
"steady now Eric, what's this all about". :)
This is very much a closet bass - never rehearsed with it and
never played it live. :(

I have an Aria SB 404, which is listed a few posts back and when
I saw this I thought I must have that, the 404 being so nice, this
would compliment it nicely.
The truth. . . . . I just can't get on with a 5 string - maybe I'm too
set in my ways but try as I might, I can't get the hang of it.

I still pull it out from time to time - I was listening to the original
album by Seal, the other day and listening to those lovely bass lines
I thought I would have another go.
Half an hour later . . . . . Nope, still can't get to grips with it. Shame!

As a bass, it's a cracker - some really great sounds from the actives
and very powerful, everything you would want. . . . if you can play
a Fiver! Not unduly heavy, balances like all the Aria SB's of that design,
perfectly - I know I keep going on about Aria balance but it's true.

So, here he is, Mr 505!











I am still waiting for some extra information on the Jaydee Gemini,
so for time being, here's a sneaky pic, just to keep you interested!



That's all you're getting for now - hope to be able to post up the
whole story next time.

Cheers. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow dude! Great job! Its like.. the same bass but still much cooler! Great looks, and body through strings, but how did you manage to change pickups? They are so wide. This gave me inspiration, thanks :)

Flat Eric said...

Hi. Nice to hear from you.
The SB505 is stock, that's how it came to me. A really great bass, in the hands of player who can cope with five strings. Not me, I'm afraid - this is currently still mine but is going to a good friend of mine, who can play a 5 string. You will see throughout the whole Blog, this is the only Five I have. Don't think I'll be having another one. Cheers. :)