Tuesday 5 January 2021

Bass Guitar and Guitar Collection 2021

 Today is January 5th and here in the UK, we are back in full lockdown again. 

Musicians, sound and lighting guys, crew, venues etc. have all seen their world turned upside down and it isn't going to get any better for the next few months.

It seems that festival organisers are looking to make plans for this year but are looking for some insurance type of backing from the government, just in case!

There are some venues that just haven't made it to this point, it was just too much for them, so I believe it is really important that when the ball does start rolling again, that we all support them as much as possible. 

I have lost count of the gigs and concerts I have been to, as I'm sure most people have but let's make sure that when we can do it safely, we savour every moment and reflect on a time when it just didn't happen.

There are a lot of guys - and girls out there, that have quite a few guitars and basses and in normal times would find great joy in taking a different intrument to the next rehearsal or to a gig but with the situation we are all in, it just doesn't happen. I have found myself reaching out for one particular instrument, over and over again, during these troubled times and strangely enough, it's a guitar! Nothing fancy, it's not an expensive custom build, it has been well used during it's life but much loved by all it's owners, I'm sure.

What is it. . . . . .? An old Ibanez SB70! We have just bonded, it's as simple as that! I have said this on many occasions, every now and then, you come across something that just feels right, no matter what is says on the head, there is just something about it. Than's not just my opinion, several other people I know have simply said. . . WOW!! I quite agree with them!

Ibanez SB70

Take care and stay safe.

Cheers. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to have exactly the same one back in the day. Same color, same "now I understand what a pickguard is aimed at" torn paint under the strings... It was exactly what I needed: robust enough, simple enough. It was plugged direct in a JX 65D Yamaha amp, on the basic channel 1, no effect, no reverb, strummed like an additional percussion. If you want to hear that, that's the rhythm guitar on all tracks there: https://soundcloud.com/swirlin-ship/sets

Flat Eric said...

Hi. Top man. Still love mine very much. Somr things you just latch on to. All the best. Cheers. : )