Friday 3 March 2017

A visit to Peter Cook, the guitar maker. . . . . .

For some time, Peter Cook and I have been meaning to have another get together and go through the "stuff from the attic"!.
Well, late last year it happened and this is the post that I did about the visit, Peter, the Axis Guitar and me!
Peter, Axis and Eric.


















Well, what a brilliant day I had with Peter - the promised "sort through" of all the stuff that was in the attic/loft, was more interesting that I could have imagined.
After a cup of tea (how English) and a bit of a natter, we started on a smaller box with diaries, note books, delivery notes etc.
Lots of entries for John (The Ox) and Pete, plus Clapton, Neil Murray, Lemmie/Fast Eddie and a whole host of others.

The second box, marked up as Ned C, was full of Ned Callan bits, as you would expect, as well as more copy delivery notes,
which on reading, quite shocked me at the quantities!




















I never thought there were that many in circulation - and included were the serial numbers of a lot of them, along with the dates.
There were many more interesting items, which we had a sort through - with another tea, including some Polaroid shots
of a very young Peter Cook, playing a Firebird copy, prepared for CSL!


  


































Then the third box!
So many interesting bits and pieces to sort through and then. . . . .

What do you think this is?
Got it yet? Fans of John, I'm sure would spot this instantly - it had the whiff of "Garden Shed"
I was truly "Gobsmacked"!!!!! Yes, it's the real thing, trust me!!





















Also found a few layers down, was this! The bottom part caught my eye, because he made two Firebird Twin Necks - mine and the one Del Bromham had. . . . was this entry relating to mine?
The parts at the top, obviously relate to the items shown above, if you hadn't already guessed!!!





































This is just a fraction of it, in terms of details, notes, etc. - so we are going to have another go at it and try and bottom it, at some time!!

As I said at the top, a brilliant day!

As always, my request goes out to anyone who has/had a Peter Cook or Ned Callan, seen one/played one - would love to hear from you.

Cheers.


The Black Bomber Jacket, is one of those typical tour jackets of the 70's and 80's, which Peter used to take to shows and apparently,
sold like hot cakes.

Anyone got one? 

Anyone got a Peter Cook or an old Ned, drop me a line contactflateric@gmail.com
 

1 comment:

Oliver said...

Hi, I’ve got a Ned Callan SG, interesting to read your blog about the maker. I’ve always been intrigued as to who made it!