Friday 6 July 2012

Tune Bass Prototype?????

Tune Bass - One of a kind???






 
I have only had this 2 or three years and bought it off somone
I knew of and I also know of the person he bought it from.
With me so far??

It was described as an 80's Tune Bass, Made in Japan and
most likely to be a prototype.

In the last couple of years, I have tried to find another that looked
similar to mine.
It has a bolt neck - active, with bass/treble cut and boost, Powerful
humbuckers, great neck, well balanced, a joy to play - played it last night!
It has a tiny head with "reverse" tuners, an odd looking set of tail studs,
couple of missing screws and the ones that are there look like they were
"found lying around"
So, in the light of some of these oddities and the fact that I can't find another
one, I guess it is unique - a One Off!


I had intended to finish it off, which I will do, in time but as I had these old
pics available and playing it was fresh in my mind, I thought I would do it today.


Anyone out there seen another one??


Please let me know if you have or if you have any other information or you
have one that looks similar.


Cheers. :) 

contactflateric@gmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric - did you find out? I seem to have stumbled upon one that is similar and maybe the one you have here??!

Flat Eric said...

Hi. Never (to date) seen one the same. If you want to send me a pic contact flat eric at gmail dot com. Look forwar to receiving it. Cheers. : )